MCAD and the MA in Sustainable Design program are proud to announce our involvement as a Host Sponsor for the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) 2015 Conference & Expo in Minneapolis, Oct. 25-28, themed Transforming Sustainability Education.
MASD faculty and admissions officers will be attending and presenting at the AASHE conference. Swing by to meet us and learn more about the MASD program.
- Stop by our MCAD table at the Expo
- Cindy Gilbert, MASD Director, presents The Evolution of Sustainability Education: triumphs and tribulations of creating a sustainable online sustainability program during Session F on Monday, October 26 at 1:45pm
- Wendy Jedlicka, MASD faculty, presents The Living Principles: A catalyst for driving positive change at the poster session on Monday, October 26 from 2:30-4pm (find this poster: Poster #21, Area C1)
- Curt McNamara, MASD faculty, presents The Systems Toolbox for Sustainability at the poster session on Monday, October 26 from 2:30-4pm (find this poster: Poster #32, Area C2)
- Cindy Gilbert, MASD Director, presents Putting Biomimicry Thinking into Practice: Lessons learned through an online sustainable design thesis project on behalf of co-authors, Stefanie Koehler (MASD alum ’13) and Denise DeLuca (MASD faculty), at the poster session on Monday, October 26 from 2:30-4pm (find this poster: Poster #59, Area R)
The AASHE annual conference engages campus change agents to lead the sustainability movement by providing a venue to network, exchange ideas and learn new tools and resources that can expand initiatives back on individual campuses and their surrounding communities. This pivotal conference serves as a reminder that while AASHE celebrates its tenth anniversary of hard work and dedication to the global sustainability transformation, opportunities abound in supporting colleges and universities in being a foundation for a thriving, equitable and ecologically healthy world.
“We appreciate all the support from our host institutions as we countdown the days until we convene in Minneapolis this fall. Attendees can expect riveting keynote addresses, exciting products and services in our Expo Hall and educational sessions that will be both informative as well as inspirational,” said AASHE Executive Director Meghan Fay Zahniser.
Registration is open for the annual Conference & Expo.
AASHE is helping to create a brighter future of opportunity for all by advancing sustainability in higher education. By creating a diverse community engaged in sharing ideas and promising practices, AASHE provides administrators, faculty, staff and students, as well as the businesses that serve them, with: thought leadership and essential knowledge resources; outstanding opportunities for professional development; and a unique framework for demonstrating the value and competitive edge created by sustainability initiatives. For more information, visit AASHE 2015 Conference & Expo or www.aashe.org. Follow AASHE on Facebook and Twitter.