As part of the annual AASHE conference held in Minneapolis this year, MCAD extends a warm welcome to attend the opening reception for Look Here: Making Visible the Invisible in Sustainable Art and Design.
Artist Panel Discussion:
Monday, October 26, 6:30 p.m.
This exhibition spotlights seven Minnesota artists and designers working to change people’s perception and understanding of our impact on the natural world.
- Christine Baeumler, associate professor of art, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Elizabeth Blair, professor of English at Southwest Minnesota State University who is also a nature photographer and tamarack bog expert
- Amanda Lovelee ’10, MFA, works as an artist-in-residence for the City of St. Paul
- Arlene Birt ’02, BFA, runs Background Stories, an infodesign consultancy
- Susan Crow ’09, Certificate in Sustainable Design, is an entrepreneur and CEO of East Fourth Street
- Craig Johnson ’14, MA, creative director and principal at AGENCY F Design in Minneapolis
- Holly Robbins, partner and creative director of This Is Folly, a design studio in Minneapolis that specializes in ecologically-minded design.
Image courtesy of Arlene Birt